Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wet and Wonderful Day at Starfire

Joe and I felt a little crazy going to a soccer game on such a  wet and soggy day.   We left mass after communion and managed to arrive just as game was about to begin. We were able to find a parking space since people were leaving from the last game.. The Gods were with us.
Our Grand-daughter Sami plays on the team called the Cheetahs.  They were playing for State Championship
I enjoyed a  colorful collage of umbrellas.
There are several places  you can watch the game out of the weather but I wanted to be as close as possible since I  have a habit of turning my head just as Sami makes this incredible goal.  I decided to stay glued to the action.
They won the game 3-0 and were so excited. They jumped up and down then  rolled on the wet grass( sort of a group hug).
Our son John has been coaching the girls team for 10 years so it was great to see his team win State Championship.


Joe really did not want to go to game.  I stressed the  need to support the kids while they still care.

His comment later. " You're a great mother, a great grandmother but a terrible wife."
Very funny Mr. MacKenzie!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your ever marvelous and talented family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Joanna. Joe & I can't figure it out. We're a couple of country bumpkins.

    ReplyDelete