Thursday, February 10, 2011

Great Day


Joe arrived home from an early appointment( having his blood checked) and announced, "Let's drive to Silver Springs."   We wanted to  check out the campsites for our annual family camp-out.
We ate a quick breakfast, threw a lunch together, grabbed our warm coats and were on our way by 10:30 a.m.
It was a beautiful day for a drive. As we got closer to our destination we noticed a dusting of snow on the hillside. The closer we were to Silver Springs the more snow was present.
We had planned to walk around the campground and write down the numbers of the best sites.
Unfortunately, I didn't think to bring my hiking boots or even heavier shoes.  The thought of snow did not enter my mind.
We got out of the car and started trudging along in the snow. The first thing I did was sink one leg into a hole. Joe pulled me out and we continued.  After a bit I decided it was not a good idea to risk slipping on the icy snow and sent Joe on a solo run since he had been smart enough to wear his hiking shoes.
While he was gone I walked in the snow far enough to take some photos. Just as  I decided to go find Joe, I heard his voice.  He was finished. We sat in the truck and had our lunch, then headed home.

On the way home we decided to go to our Grand-daughter's  basketball game after dinner.
 This is a big deal as Joe does not like to attend games of any kind. It was a quarter final game between St. Philomena  and Holy Rosary.

The girls play rough.   It was a very good game, score was tied at least four times.  Holy Rosary was one point ahead, got the ball passed it around to use up some time then  scored a basket to win the game. They'll play in the semi-finals on Saturday where I will be there in spirit.

  I love the games as it is the only time I get to see my son's former wife who we really enjoy and love.
John was happy to see us as well, and that's a good thing.
I'll miss Alex's game tonight but once again, I'll be there in spirit. (Always a good thing to say if you'll be absent, however, I mean it.)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Sami!
    Glad you had a fun day in the snow. I'll see you tonight.

    ReplyDelete