Thursday, February 3, 2011

Searching for Wilderness


Joe and I decided to drive to nearby lakes and walk a few miles.
  He wanted to check out Shady Lake,  a small lake where relatives own a strip of land.
We used to swim there before we were wed. When we finally found it we were unable to walk to the water as it was gated and locked.   This is rather sad as I actually own a pebble or two of the property.  I wonder who has the key?

We then headed for Lake Wilderness and got lost again.  The county was doing road work and apparently removed the sign so we didn't feel quite so stupid. The first thing I needed to do was use the facilities.All we could see was a Porto-potty!   I decided to walk the trail to find a bathroom before resorting to that.
After walking about a half mile we found a bathroom so I was saved from the dreaded P.P.

Relieved ,we then took a leisurely walk along the lake. Lots of trees, ducks, very few people. Ice in the puddles.

Photos:
Creek on the path along the lake.
Duck  swimming in Lake Wilderness

3 comments:

  1. Glad you made it to the facilities on time. I almost didn't yesterday on an outing downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, as usual.
    I am always fond of a mallard. The father of Rebecca felt that he might have been a mallard in a former life. There were many similarities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to know similarities.

    My guess is that one of them would be his tendency to fly away.

    ReplyDelete