Friday, September 6, 2013

Sleepless In Renton

Last night was one of those rare occasions when I had trouble sleeping.
Was it the thunder, lightening? 
 Worrying that rain would pour down
 on me while I carried treats to Room 1?  Was it the excitement of seeing all our music family?

Or was it because I saw a sad accident on the way home. I saw a slowing down of traffic and thought I would be there for hours..then cars started going around this stalled semi and I became brave and followed them. As I passed the semi I saw a crumpled car with people inside...it was so dramatic.
People were outside the car  reaching in to try to get the trapped persons out of the vehicle.
I had to keep going but said a prayer and couldn't stop thinking about what the future held for those trapped in the car. I hope it was not as bad as it looked and I pray that all survived.

It puts things in perspective.  It no longer matters whether or not  people liked my cookies!

1 comment: