Sunday, September 15, 2013

Treats for Choir Family

It's that time again...I have begun the journey from kitchen to freezer to the St. James table.

So far I have an Italian veggie onion tart, and  an Italian nectarine up side down cake. The cake still needs a glaze. I'll do that Sunday morning.

Follow-up.  I had a bit of difficulty with the cake. Without going into boring details..I repeated the sugar browning three times until I finally got it right. The first two times the problem was the sugar..I used Baker's sugar...did not work...I blamed the pan..second time did the same thing...then I used granulated sugar and voila...it worked. Next problem was a mess in the oven. I used a pan with leakage problems..so when I finally figured out all my errors, I was compelled to try again. In closing to this boring epistle...I now have three upside down cakes in freezer..2 nectarine and one plum.
I know....I'm a little crazy, but the results are yummy.




2 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooo! I can't wait! My mouth is watering already. Yummers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick brought treats from Turkey so it should be a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete