Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sleepless in Renton (not very original)

I was unable to sleep the other night.  So, I begin my rituals.
 Say the rosary. Sing songs (in my head) that start with each letter of the alphabet. Count backwards from 100. Think of the names of all my nieces, nephews and cousins etc.
Nothing seemed to work so I started writing poetry. I wrote at least three, none of which I recall.
I started remembering all the details I had forgotten during the day. Just plain ridiculous.
My final plan was to forget about sleep and just rest.

I survived the next day with about 3 hours sleep and am back to my routine.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Martha! I hate that. It generally only happens to me on Saturday nights when I have to get up at the crack of dawn for church, and then remain alert for the rest of the day. I am hoping that tonight will not be an example.

    ReplyDelete