Tuesday, April 12, 2011

BIRDS OF A FEATHER.......and so on.



Joe and I drove to  Nisqually Refuge this afternoon. It's about 44 miles from our home.  If it were closer I'd walk there every day.
As we approached the entrance hundreds of geese flew over us. We parked the car near a tree and I spotted a marsh wren.  We walked all the way to the end of the walk ( 4 mile round trip) and were fortunate to see many birds. I'll have a list later.

On our way back to the car I spotted a bird fly into the hollow of a tree. I told Joe to turn on his camera but by the time we arrived it was out of sight. I thought it might have been an owl but finally it peeked out  and it was a goose. I should have know as another goose (probably the father) was patiently waiting near the tree.

2 comments:

  1. Wrens are the sweetest little birds - except for maybe a chickadee. Or a junco, or a kinglet ---- No,they are really the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bushtit is a very cute bird as well. It seems to like the woods further from the house so don't see it often.

    ReplyDelete