Friday, April 8, 2011

CHRISTMAS ANGELS


The Christmas Angels arrived today and really helped  out.   The team known as J.M.D.I. or James,Meagan Dylan and Ian MacKenzie gave us a fantastic gift of manual labor
.
I had a difficult time getting a photo that would show the volume of the  wood pile. It consists of three rows of winter warmth. Probably several cords of wood.

Joe was responsible for the pile of logs before the log splitter.  Some of the logs were quite large and had some stubborn areas making them difficult to cut. I helped roll a few out of the woods after Joe cut them and it was not easy. Joe got on his hands and knees to push some of them to the cutting area. I actually got on my knees for a couple of them but quickly chose to do other work.

Before the wood splitting, they helped Joe put up the scaffolding for a future painting project.

Since Meagan began volunteering for the Forestry Service she is like a convert to a religion. She loves being out of her office and at one with nature.
Everyone worked hard and would've made us feel a little guilty (especially me who used the time to dig out dandelions and a few plants for Meagan) except for the fact that this is their idea, and we need and appreciate the help. Plus, we are helping them earn their rightful place in heaven!



We also had a great visit.
After team MacKenzie left , Joe  and I walked out to look, once again, at the wood pile. It is a thing of beauty.

2 comments:

  1. What an adorable family they are! And what a great Christmas present. I'm looking forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I like is a nice tidy woodpile. Yours is a thing of beauty. So is your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete