Friday, March 8, 2013

Dear Rich....11/13/52

Dear Rich,
     Guess who? With guess what?  You follow?  No? I can't understand it. Anyway,here I am.
I can't believe I'm so silly, so soon. Usually I wait til the end of the letter.
     Am sitting here in our car waiting for my sister (Judy) to come and ride home with us.
She is singing for a convention of some sort. Barb is here also, sitting in the back seat sewing rhinestones on a dress for the S.U. variety show. She's singing  "The Lady in Red"  It's a production number...she is being featured. I've really been giving her the razz. Reason? One of the advertisements for the show said," S.U's annual variety show featuring torrid....Barbara Torlai."  I thought this was rather funny, course I guess that's
because I know her rather well.
     Seriously though, she's bound to raise some kind of a sensation with her dress, if nothing else. It's fiery red lace and net with splashes of rhinestones, glitter etc. Now that I've finished my fashion commentary, what shall we talk about?
You asked if I was kidding about the Spanish sailors who asked my sister and I to go with them to Spain.
Definitely not, for once.
     If you can't read this, don't try as you won't miss a thing. It really is rather difficult to write while sitting upside down and sideways in a car. But don't despair. I have good news. I can draw no matter what. I shall draw you a picture of what I am looking at right now.

(Update 2013
I drew  Seattle Trust & Savings...Klopfensteins....Florshiem ....Von's Cafe....and others I can't decipher

Strange drawing with even stranger little cars.)


Oh! I say! Pip pip- This is jolly fun
Do I like to get away from it all sometimes? Yes. Do I have a special place? No.

When my thoughts are serious, It is usually when I am alone. No special place. Just has to be the right atmosphere. On a bus, walking down the street, even at the store when I'm alone. I know I do a lot more serious thinking than people think.  I actually believe that they think I tell jokes to myself when I'm alone.
To me there is no more interesting a subject than human beings--human nature etc. I could go on and on but I'd bore you to death.                                                   
                                                                                                        Till then,
                                                                                                           Marty

1 comment:

  1. Once again, your penpal sure was lucky. I had an English one, and I was very boring, boring, boring. My life was boring, and my writing was even boringer. You had excitement (Pike Place Market, red dress)and genius!

    ReplyDelete