Friday, March 22, 2013

I'll Catch it Next Time

.
Walked to a pond and beyond this morning, with camera ready for any creature worthy of a photo.
Nothing!  However, the music of the birds is always worth a walk.

Later, Joe was working outside and called me to come out to hear an owl hooting.
I rushed outside but the hooter had moved to another location.

I see a pattern.
Whenever this occurs I realize how fortunate we are, when we do have wonderful sightings or sounds.

While I'm on my nature kick...I learned something the other day. I'm sure everyone else is already aware of this.   It is about the crow. I love crows and know that they make many different sounds. What I just realized is that while making one sound the crow lifts it's wings. Joe & I watched for several minutes to make sure the crow did it each time.  Fun! I'll have to do some research and see if it is a mating ritual.

1 comment: