Monday, March 4, 2013

Dear Richard 8/29/52

Dear Rich,
     Of this perfumed stationery. I had no idea I was using it until you mentioned it. I must've had a cold when I bought it.
     Saw "Stalag 17" the other night. We roamed backstage, gave our feeble congratulations and started on our way.
They either thought we were nuts, and were just having a little fun with us, or possibly they were interested
in finding out why we seemed so unimpressed.  Anyway, they were unbelievably nice to us, graciously offered to show us around, introduced us to the rest of the cast etc.
After we left the theatre we went out to dinner (as usual) and we bumped into the same fellows. We spoke to them for quite  some time. I found it extremely interesting. Characters!
     So you found me in a pessimistic mood last letter, did you? I guess it happens to the best of us.
     Your analysis is coming right along. I hate to see you work so hard so I'll help you out a little.
Seriously, I am not pessimistic, sarcastic or cynical, but I do enjoy mild doses of these when used as a form of humor. I also enjoy satire which is in the same family.
Examples: 
"The Bob & Ray Show"
Satires on National magazines.
I remember one I read on advertisement used by travel agency.  A picture of a girl in a bathing suit with the caption." You wanna see Samoa"
One of my favorite daffynitions is that of a cynic--" One wonders if it wouldn't have been better if Plymouth Rock had landed on the Pilgrims."

     I received a proposal today from one of our steady customers. He is about 80 years old and is a graduate of one of the better and most famous mental institutions. I'm thinking of accepting as I've heard he has a dimple on his left elbow that is out of this world.
     This Saturday I'm going to see "Call Me Madam" with original Broadway cast, with the exception of Ethel Merman & Russel Nype. I'm rather excited to see what is considered a top musical.
We have second row orchestra seats.
     I suppose I should be going now. Keep up the good work on my analysis and keep me posted on how I am doing.  Be waiting with baited breath for your answer.
                                                                                   Yours, my macaco
                                                                                          translated( my crazy nut)
                                                                                  Clever....yes...I thought you'd think so.

                                                                                     Marty
     

No comments:

Post a Comment