Monday, March 25, 2013

Joyful Noise and Just Plain Noisy

We had a great time at the Dinner Dance at Sealth. The food is always a little "iffy" but I managed to do OK.
I asked for salad..." the salad is only available if you have vegetarian lasagne"  So the wonderful volunteer gave me enough lasagne for 4 people. Her knife needed sharpening! I gave some away and enjoyed an extra plate of delicious salad.
The music is always great. Sealth has a wonderful music program.  Zoey played drums with Jazz 2 and sang with Jazz1.   She played drums first and was already nervous about her vocal solo so drums were a breeze.
She did a good job on both. I was very proud of her. She said she was proud of me as well for not groaning if she hit a note that wasn't perfect. Apparently I have a habit of groaning when this happens. I taped my mouth shut....actually it wasn't necessary.
The kids danced in front of the band so the noise in the background is pretty loud. But, they are so cute dancing (and staying out of trouble) that I didn't mind.

We got a chance to visit with some of our family and that is always a pleasure. Joe & I didn't talk much .
 We decided the reason was that we don't do much. We'll have to change that.

The best comment of the night was when Zoey finished her solo...ran to family table and said," Hey Guys,
the people who hate me said I did a good job."










If you read Liz's blog this is repetitious. Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like the gang was all there! Love Zoey's red hair! I heard her singing on you-tube and she sounded as good as Judy herself! Maybe better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. She has a rather interesting style. Zoey has an ear for imitating other people. She was singing in our kitchen while playing her ukulele, I think I gave a suggestion about improving her pitch. She told me she could imitate me and the little rascal came through. So, I stay out of it.
    She writes songs also. the little twerp!

    ReplyDelete