Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Richard....10/16/52

Dear Rich,
     Here I am again with more of the same. I hope this letter finds you in good humor (mood). You'd have to be to appreciate (tolerate) it.
    I'm practically out of my mind..our house is a mess!  My older sister, who lived in an apartment in Seattle, is moving to Alaska for a while and guess where she carts all her furniture? Out to our stinky little house. What a rat. She's really insane. I don't know what she expects to find up north, but she's bringing real good dressy clothes with her.  I told her that she would  do better bringing 10 pair of jeans and 6 pair of saddle shoes.
     Isn't this interesting!
You'll have to wait a while for a lock of my precious hair. The reason..I just cut it and have none to spare. Believe me.  I was going to send you a piece of our dog's hair for two reasons.
1. To test your sense of humor.
2. To see if you would still give out  the compliments.
Seriously- what would you have said?   Really though, I appreciate your sweet talk even though it isn't true. It boosts my sunken ego.
     Say Sweet- hasn't anyone ever told you that nice girls don't read college humor magazines? Or didn't I ever mention that I am a nice girl?
     Well, best I journey on.
     I just remembered a reason why I didn't send a lock of  dog hair.. He has fleas and I guess that wouldn't be fair at all.
    Did I ever tell you about sending a friend of mine a bunny for Easter?  Anyway, it just had seven babies. He was overjoyed to be able to give me the news. Ha! I hate myself when I do things like that.
Be waiting to hear from you.                                                              
                                                                                                          Your over-rated pal,
                                                                                                               Marty

                                                    

2 comments:

  1. Whew! I'm glad you didn't send Richard a flea. And I'm glad I didn't meet the seven babies. I would have sneezed something fierce! It must be the bunny breath that gets me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still feel foolish about sending the rabbit!

    ReplyDelete