Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Really?

Our Family Dr. moved to West Seattle so we had to choose another.
I met our new Dr. this morning and was impressed with her expertise, intelligent questions and answers.
Yes, I was impressed until she asked me to send her some poo. " Send me some poo" Really? Is that what it's called in Med. School?
Since she speaks with an accent I'll accept her comment. Perhaps this is what they call it in her country.
The Dr. also called me honey and dear. Call me silly, but isn't that the same as telling me I'm an old lady?
I already know this to be true but don't need to be reminded in a condescending manner.

 However, now that I have shared this, I will tolerate it as niceness overdone.


2 comments:

  1. The medical term at my establishment is "poop!" At least when I am talking, it is.

    I hate it when the medical team calls people "Honey" or "Dear." Just hate it! It shows so little respect. On the other hand, I don't mind at all when shop ladies call me "Honey." Somehow, it seems ok in a store but not when you are all naked and vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall forever call it poop! Much better than poo poo.


    I don't like anyone calling me "Dear" "Honey" except Joe.

    ReplyDelete