Saturday, March 2, 2013

Dear Richard's Almanac

10/05/52

Hi Rich,

I've been here for five minutes, staring at this blank stationery and pen, when it finally dawns...Maybe I should take the pen in hand and start pushing it around. I'm in a trance trying to think of some inspiring message.
Not happening.
Went to a good dance the other night. Billy May was in town. Very good.
Another musician was in town also, but I didn't bother to go see him. No style. His name is Truman.
He has an interesting hobby...President of the United States.

I return to school again, tomorrow night. Should be interesting. Saw all the old gang the other night.
Good times ahead after a rather quiet summer. I guess our first show will be the annual Variety Show. I'll tell you about it when it comes along.
I'm glad you enjoy my letters even though it means you must be some sort of idiot. While I'm in an extremely insulting mood I'll tell you what I think of your pictures. When you said you were ugly and unappetizing
I thought you were just being modest. But, I can truthfully say that you're not. I mean,you can be ugly, but why abuse the privilege. Before you go out and test the razor's edge, I'll let you know that I am merely jesting.
    Seriously though, you are pretty ugly, but no doubt your soul is beautiful.
    Seriously, (this time for real) you look so different in each of the three pictures that I can't figure out what
you look like. Have you lost weight since the first photo you sent. No doubt, it's just my imagination.
    Well I have run out of insults so better close this epistle.

Say Rich, take it easy on those jokes. Not that I don't enjoy them, but I'm a girl and you're a boy and certain things embarrass me even with you miles and miles away. I'm laughing and blushing at the same time.
                                
Well, that's about it for now.
                                                                                                  See  ya,
                                                                                                   Marty


3/2/13  What a brat!  I have made it a point not correct or change any of my teenage wisdom.

3 comments:

  1. I love your letters! I want to see the pictures, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.
    I'll check my photo album. Not sure i have any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pen pal was lucky. I'm sure the ones I had were all bored stiff. I was dull.

    ReplyDelete